Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Remote start/alarm.. Please Help!!

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2010, 1:22 PM
amw
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start/alarm.. Please Help!!

Hi, Im new to this forum and really hope someone here can help. I've posted at several other sites with no luck so far!

I have a '05 Colorado with a Viper 5901- Bypass Module is a: dei (XK06) PLXR Platform 06 with 3.0 firmware.

Below is what my installer posted on another forum trying to find a solution:

I installed a viper 5901 in a '05 Colorado , everything seemed to work correctly till I attempted to go from remote start to key inserted operation. when I press the brake pedal the remote start turns off, (truck stays running) the instrument cluster isnt powered fully, no gauge operation, the accessory / blower is turned off and the shifter is stuck in park. If I turn it off and start it with the key everything is fine. I was reading in a couple of posts about a proper key sequence on these is very important. When I first finished the install the truck would not start , It would want to start then shut down quickly. After several tries it did start but I have this shift interlock and accessory problem. Does any one have any suggestions. I didn't use the DirectFax document 1603 to wire in the passlock. I didn't think I needed to since I had the bypass module.

The only wire that I cut was for the pass lock, I think it was white/blue. All of the other wire connections were just skinned, soldered and taped. I was thinking that there must be an ignition wire needing fed but there are only 2 that i have found need fed. Ignition 1 and accessory. thats why I was thinking it was a sequence thing. Is the BCM going to be looking for the Key in signal? If so I dont see how it can in the current wiring. From what I have been reading the sequence is :key sense, second ign, starter, then passlock resistor. Has anyone ran into this being a critical issue to get everything to work correctly?

The Viper model is a 5901 and the passlock module is a (XK06) PLXR Platform 06 with 3.0 firmware. On the passlock module, Where should I have hooked up the Brown(-) ground when running, and where on the Orange (+) starter input. Maybe I have these goofed up, I wasnt 100% sure when I hooked them up. I know when I went to program the resistor code with the instructions it wouldnt follow the procedure on the instructions. The truck started so I didnt worry at the time.

Thank you for your time!! Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Old February 12th, 2010, 2:19 PM
CF Beginner

Colorado, Canyon, and H3 all the BCM voltage stability issues. This has been a KNOWN problem for a while. iDataLink has addressed the issue in their newest firmware for their ALCA modules. If you are not using their modules, just go back to the old school way of using Directed Doc 1603 for Passlock integration. This method is FAIL-PROOF.

Even using the ALCA module with the newest firmware, I had to program the remote start to do a 10sec. delayed start in order for the BCM to stabilize it's voltage before starting.

Hope this helps!!
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:25 AM
amw
CF Beginner

Hi CarTeksValpo,

Thanks for the reply! My installer seems to think there is something possibly wrong with the dei passlock module I purchased. (AutoPreserves where i bought it from say its fine) His next step is going to try the Doc. 1603 as you suggested also.. Will connecting it this way completely do away with the bypass module now?? Thanks amw
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

AMW,

Yes, that is correct. If he used Doc 1603, he can do away with the module completely. In 2005, the Colorado has standard door lock wires. Meaning they're not multiplexed, run by data wire, or anything of the sort.

IMO, if he uses 1603, you will never have another problem in the future. The truck will start flawlessly everytime. I've used modules, and have wired it using 1603. To me, the 1603 was 100% failproof.

Hope this helps!!
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:42 AM
CF Beginner

Here is the same document, just not the Directed Version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
700653.pdf (38.7 KB, 2719 views)